This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7534 / 53°45'12"N
Longitude: -2.4562 / 2°27'22"W
OS Eastings: 370014
OS Northings: 428654
OS Grid: SD700286
Mapcode National: GBR CT91.17
Mapcode Global: WH96W.7XMG
Entry Name: Imperial Mill
Listing Date: 19 April 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1273825
English Heritage Legacy ID: 416941
Location: Blackburn with Darwen, BB1
County: Blackburn with Darwen
Electoral Ward/Division: Little Harwood
Built-Up Area: Blackburn
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Blackburn St Stephen
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 19/03/2018
SD 62 NE 5/53
SD 72 NW 7/53
(Formerly listed as Imperial Mill, WALLACE STREET)
Red brick mill of dignified proportions, probably early C20 (perhaps circa 1900). Three and four storeys, with stringcourses and pilasters.
Long rectangular plan with rows of large close-set eight-paned windows. Engine-house projects at right angle with six round-arched windows on long sides, and two Gothic-traceried round-arched windows on end facing canal. Staircase tower on north angle, with round-arched grouped windows on top floor.
Listing NGR: SD7001428654
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings