This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.9859 / 50°59'9"N
Longitude: -0.7398 / 0°44'23"W
OS Eastings: 488553
OS Northings: 121482
OS Grid: SU885214
Mapcode National: GBR DF2.5RN
Mapcode Global: FRA 96BH.X6M
Entry Name: The Egmont Public House
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Last Amended: 26 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1275751
English Heritage Legacy ID: 411198
Location: Midhurst, Chichester, West Sussex, GU29
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Midhurst
Built-Up Area: Midhurst
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Midhurst St Mary Magdalene and St Denis
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
RUMBOLD'S HILL (west side),
The Egmont Public House
(Formerly listed as The Egmont Arms)
Public House. 1800 circa. Stuccoed. Hipped slate roof. Glazing bars intact.
Ground floor windows have round-headed openings but are actually square-headed
behind the openings. Glazing bars intact. Doorway with engaged columns, pediment,
semi-circular fanlight and door of six fielded panels. Carriage archway through
ground floor at south end. Two storeys. Five windows.
Listing NGR: SU8855321482
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings