This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0925 / 53°5'32"N
Longitude: -2.747 / 2°44'49"W
OS Eastings: 350071
OS Northings: 355290
OS Grid: SJ500552
Mapcode National: GBR 7H.9C6L
Mapcode Global: WH88W.SJ3L
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 1 March 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1278683
English Heritage Legacy ID: 405150
Location: Harthill, Cheshire West and Chester, CH3
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Harthill
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Burwardsley St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 55 NW HARTHILL C.P. CHURCH LANE
6/76 Church of All Saints.
Church: dated 1609, bell turret dated 1862 when church restored and
vestry added. Ashlar red and buff sandstone, Welsh slate roof, stone
ridge. 5-bay nave and chancel in one range. South porch and vestry.
Gabled porch has shouldered 4-centred arched entrance with
RONDVLL PRICKET CHURCHWARDEN EVER SINCE 1606 UNTILL 1611
Nave bays divided by weak buttresses have rectangular mullioned
windows with round-headed lights. Blocked priest's door in right end
bay. East window is a 6-light mullioned and transomed window with
round-headed lights, under weak label mould. West end has 2, 2-light
Victorian windows and an open octagonal bell turret on the ridge with
tall pyramidal stone roof.
Interior: simple with hammerbeam roof with carved brackets with
heraldic bosses. Simple chancel screen on 6 wooden piers has
inscription "This church as builded upon the Devoc'on of the Cuntrye,
by the labor and travell of Ed. Tanat, Jo. Dodd, Tho Buckley, Gra.
Weston P aº 1609" but the beam on which it is painted is strictly
classical in style.
Listing NGR: SJ5007155290
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings