This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6369 / 52°38'12"N
Longitude: -2.4883 / 2°29'17"W
OS Eastings: 367053
OS Northings: 304465
OS Grid: SJ670044
Mapcode National: GBR BW.6VH6
Mapcode Global: WH9D8.RZ9B
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinty
Listing Date: 8 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1280353
English Heritage Legacy ID: 361935
Location: The Gorge, Telford and Wrekin, TF8
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: The Gorge
Built-Up Area: Telford
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Coalbrookdale
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
COALBROOKDALE CHURCH ROAD
5362 Church of Holy Trinity
SJ 6704 10/74
1850-54. Architects Reeves and Voysey. Built with money provided by the Darby
family and furnished by them for their workers.
Large decorated Gothic style church on hillside. Rock-faced stone. Nave and
chancel with full length north and south aisles with steeply pitched slate roofs.
Vestry, and large tower on south-west (ritual west) corner with embattled parapet,
2-light belfry and setback buttresses with set-offs and octagonal corner stair
Contains C16 Flemish stained glass window of The Last Supper.
Listing NGR: SJ6705304465
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings