This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1863 / 52°11'10"N
Longitude: -1.7076 / 1°42'27"W
OS Eastings: 420087
OS Northings: 254268
OS Grid: SP200542
Mapcode National: GBR 4LT.T9R
Mapcode Global: VHBY0.C93T
Entry Name: Hearse House Approximately 23 Metres South of Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 4 April 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1280430
English Heritage Legacy ID: 366326
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Civil Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon
Built-Up Area: Stratford-upon-Avon
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Stratford on Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SP2054 OLD TOWN
604-1/6/153 (East side)
Hearse house approximately 23 metres
south of Church of Holy Trinity
Hearse house. Mid C19. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings;
parapeted roof with rear lateral stack. Gothic style. Single
storey; 3-window range. Plinth, 3 offset buttresses and top
cornice with 2 gargoyles and coped parapet. 4-centred entrance
to left of centre has paired plank doors with strap hinges.
Double-chamfered-mullioned windows with 4-centred heads to
lights: 2-light window to left end is blocked, 3-light windows
to right have leaded glazing. 2 crenellated rainwater heads
and downspouts. Left return has 2 doors in single-chamfered
openings; right return has large entrance with paired doors.
Rear is built into churchyard wall. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SP2008754268
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings