History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lee Farmhouse and Attached Barn

A Grade II Listed Building in Wilsden, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8263 / 53°49'34"N

Longitude: -1.8634 / 1°51'48"W

OS Eastings: 409085

OS Northings: 436682

OS Grid: SE090366

Mapcode National: GBR HSF6.C3

Mapcode Global: WHC97.B2WZ

Entry Name: Lee Farmhouse and Attached Barn

Listing Date: 9 August 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1283215

English Heritage Legacy ID: 337971

Location: Wilsden, Bradford, BD15

County: Bradford

Civil Parish: Wilsden

Built-Up Area: Wilsden

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Wilsden

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Cullingworth

Listing Text

SE0936 BINGLEY MAIN STREET
(east side)
Wilsden

17/120 Lee Farmhouse
9.8.66 and attached barn

II

House and attached barn. Mid C17, barn rebuilt c1793 probably
when house was altered. Large dressed stone to wing, hammer-
dressed stone to hall range and barn, stone slate roofs with
corrugated roof in part to barn. 2 storeys. Hall-and-crosswing
plan, T-shaped. Wing to left has altered window with hoodmould to
each floor, that to 1st floor of 4 lights with flat-faced mullions.
Coped gable with kneelers. Lateral stack to left. Hall range may
replace earlier timber structure: being entirely C18 fenestration.
Doorway with monolithic jambs to left of 4-light flat-faced mullioned
window (lacking 2 mullions) with 6-light window with recessed mullions,
the outer lights blinds above. Ridge stack at junction with barn which
has semicircular-arched cart-entry with chamfered voussoirs and raised
keystone initialled and dated " B.F with early datestone re-used
1793 "
above dated " 166- " with spiral label stops either side.

" B F"probably stands for Benjamin Ferrand of St. Ives (q.v.) who
built St. David's Ruin (q.v.) nearby in 1790.

Interior not inspected.


Listing NGR: SE0908536682

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.