This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3209 / 51°19'15"N
Longitude: -2.2115 / 2°12'41"W
OS Eastings: 385360
OS Northings: 158001
OS Grid: ST853580
Mapcode National: GBR 1SS.5PJ
Mapcode Global: VH972.M276
Entry Name: Former Lock Up
Listing Date: 29 December 1950
Last Amended: 26 November 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1283671
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314193
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Trowbridge
Built-Up Area: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Trowbridge St James
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
[formerly listed as Lock-up
(immediately east of
ST 8557 4/84 29.12.50.
Immediately east of Town Bridge on south east side. Formerly dated 1757, called
'The Blind House'. Damaged in riots 1826 and in 1942 by Bomb blast. Now restored.
Single storey, square stone block with stepped coping to square dome with ball
finial. Panel of rusticated stone to road. Open gabled stone porch, stout plank
door, formerly iron clad and nailstudded.
Listing NGR: ST8536058001
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings