This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9489 / 51°56'56"N
Longitude: 1.3349 / 1°20'5"E
OS Eastings: 629276
OS Northings: 233082
OS Grid: TM292330
Mapcode National: GBR WRY.NBY
Mapcode Global: VHLCH.382S
Plus Code: 9F33W8XM+HX
Entry Name: Coastguard Station
Listing Date: 10 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284281
English Heritage Legacy ID: 286271
Location: Felixstowe, East Suffolk, Suffolk, IP11
District: East Suffolk
Civil Parish: Felixstowe
Built-Up Area: Felixstowe
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Felixstowe St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
FELIXSTOWE LANGER ROAD
TM 23 SE
3/27 Coastguard Station,
Martello tower used as coastguard station. Circa 1810-12. Gault brick, cement
rendered stone dressings. Round tower with flat roof upon which sits coastguard
building. 3 stages. Middle stage doorway and loop openings have stone quoins
and keystone, the doorway with cambered head, the loops beneath flat arches.
Interior: Original musket racks and powder stores.
Listing NGR: TM2927633082
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings