This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.4479 / 51°26'52"N
Longitude: -2.2008 / 2°12'3"W
OS Eastings: 386138
OS Northings: 172121
OS Grid: ST861721
Mapcode National: GBR 1R8.2F0
Mapcode Global: VH969.SVVX
Plus Code: 9C3VCQXX+5M
Entry Name: Coach House and Stables at Hartham House
Listing Date: 1 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284381
English Heritage Legacy ID: 315186
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13
Civil Parish: Corsham
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Greater Corsham
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST 87 SE
1/159 Coach house and stables at
Coach house and stable range, 1858 and late C19, squared rubble
stone with ashlar dressings and slate low-pitched hipped roofs.
Main group encloses three sides of south facing court with centre
block projected back to north and additional low range running
north from north-west angle. Single storey with 2 storey
centrepiece. Central stable range, dated 1858, has pedimented 2-
storey centre with clock turret, rusticated quoins, and 3-window
range of 12-pane windows in raised segmental-arched surrounds with
keystones. Central recessed arched doorway in Gibbs surround.
Carved shield in pediment. Wings have moulded eaves and similar
door flanked by similar windows. Rear of centre block is 2-storey
house with 2-window range and eaves roof. East side of court has
similar style hipped roof stable, dated 1888, with central eaves-
breaking loading door, 3 windows and door below. Short rusticated
link each side with doorway and keystone. West side coach house
has similar link to central range, ashlar front of 5 elliptical
rusticated arches, moulded eaves cornice and boarded doors.
Circular light each end. To north of coach house, facing west
another low range with moulded eaves cornice. Three lunettes
alternating with 2 doors to right, one doorway C20, and range of 5
open bays to left with iron columns, dated 1892 on rear wall.
Listing NGR: ST8613872120
Other nearby listed buildings