History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Park Farmhouse and Attached Stable Range

A Grade II Listed Building in Great Tew, Oxfordshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9633 / 51°57'47"N

Longitude: -1.4218 / 1°25'18"W

OS Eastings: 439822

OS Northings: 229582

OS Grid: SP398295

Mapcode National: GBR 6SK.TLM

Mapcode Global: VHBZ4.9XP9

Entry Name: Park Farmhouse and Attached Stable Range

Listing Date: 27 August 1956

Last Amended: 18 May 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1286196

English Heritage Legacy ID: 251877

Location: Great Tew, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Great Tew

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Great Tew

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Great Tew

Listing Text

GREAT TEN THE AVENUE
SP3929 (East side)
10/65 Park Farmhouse and attached
27/08/56 stable range
(Formerly listed as Park
Farmhouse)

GV II

Farmhouse. 1712 on datestone, extended c.1820. Coursed squared marlstone and
ashlar; Stonesfield-slate roof with limestone-ashlar stacks. 2 parallel ranges.
2 storeys plus attic. Symmetrical front of 3-window early C19 ashlar range has a
central 4-panel door with rectangular overlight in a hollow-chamfered
basket-arch surround; windows have pairs of small-pane sashes and central stone
mullions. All openings have labels. Gables have parapets and there is one stack
to left. Small single-storey range to left also has a gable parapet. Rear range
has leaded casements with labels, probably inserted early C19, and an arched
doorway with label and lozenge stops. Roof has further ashlar stacks with heavy
cornices, and has one hipped roof dormer. Datestone on right gable is inscribed
"1712/FK". Rear range is extended to left by a long C18 outhouse and stable
range which has segmental-arched openings on both sides but has an inserted
stone-mullioned window in trio left gable. A separate single-storey kitchen and
wash house to rear, in similar style, is linked to the house by a stone-slated
covered way. Interior not inspected.
(V.C.H.: Oxfordshire, Vol.XI, p.227).


Listing NGR: SP3982229582

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.

Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.