This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.495 / 52°29'42"N
Longitude: -0.7766 / 0°46'35"W
OS Eastings: 483157
OS Northings: 289271
OS Grid: SP831892
Mapcode National: GBR CTN.GH6
Mapcode Global: VHDQW.HKB5
Plus Code: 9C4XF6WF+29
Entry Name: 38-46, Church Lane
Listing Date: 4 September 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1286651
English Heritage Legacy ID: 229826
Location: East Carlton, Corby, Northamptonshire, LE16
Civil Parish: East Carlton
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: East Carlton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
Nos.38 to 46 (even)
5 almshouses. Datestone 1868, by E.F. Law for Charlotte Palmer. Squared coursed
ironstone with Collyweston slate roof. Each 2-unit plans. Single storey.
Together comprising an 8-window range of 2- and 4-light stone mullion windows
with diamond leaded panes. End bays break forward as gabled cross wings with
single-light loft windows in apex. 3 plank doors with strap hinges between
window range are set in moulded stone surrounds with 4-centred heads. Central
door has small corbled gable over. Ashlar gable parapets and kneelers and ashlar
stacks at ridge. Tablet over centre door has inscription. "Hospital of the
blessed Jesus in Carlton. Founded by Sir Geoffrey Palmer Bart. Anno Domini 1668.
Rebuilt and more amply endowed by Charlotte Palmer Anno Domini 1868". Side
elevations to left and right are similar with entrance doors to end houses.
Interiors not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP8315789271
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings