This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.1468 / 51°8'48"N
Longitude: -0.3639 / 0°21'50"W
OS Eastings: 514534
OS Northings: 139890
OS Grid: TQ145398
Mapcode National: GBR HHM.4S9
Mapcode Global: VHFW4.MFYP
Plus Code: 9C3X4JWP+PC
Entry Name: Ockley Church of England First School
Listing Date: 29 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1286716
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290357
Location: Ockley, Mole Valley, Surrey, RH5
Civil Parish: Ockley
Built-Up Area: Ockley
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Ockley, Okewood and Forest Green
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
OCKLEY C.P. STANE STREET
10/240 Ockley Church of
School. Dated 1841 in memory of Jane Scott. Sandstone rubble, galleted, with
tile hung dormers on the left hand return front. C20 plain-tiled roofs. T-
plan with cross wing to left. 1 storey and attics to right and left, two
storeys in gable end. Cusped and scalloped pierced bargeboards to gables, more
decorative on porches, with spade shaped ends and double cusping, on the left hand
return front. Stacks at junction of ranges, to left, further stacks to rear.
Gabled dormer to centre right with roundel plaque over two-light, diamond-pane
casement window with some old glass, and label hood mould. Four-light mullioned
and transomed window to right on ground floor, three-light window to left; both
under label mouldings. Central gabled porch with 4-centred arched entrance and
chamfered surround. Ribbed door. Projecting wing to left with pendant finial.
One 'cross' diamond-pane window to first floor, angle bay oriel to ground floor.
Flat roofed single storey extension to right, with diagonally boarded door under
label moulding. Left hand return front:- Three gabled, through-eaves dormers; one
3 and one 2-light mullioned and transomed windows to left and right of gabled
porch; angle bay window to left. An unspoilt example of a village school and an
important feature of the village green.
Listing NGR: TQ1453439890
Other nearby listed buildings