History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Mary

A Grade II Listed Building in Kirkby on Bain, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1446 / 53°8'40"N

Longitude: -0.142 / 0°8'31"W

OS Eastings: 524371

OS Northings: 362444

OS Grid: TF243624

Mapcode National: GBR HRW.T31

Mapcode Global: WHHKW.S7L2

Plus Code: 9C5X4VV5+V6

Entry Name: Church of St Mary

Listing Date: 14 September 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1288189

English Heritage Legacy ID: 400421

Location: Kirkby on Bain, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN10

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Kirkby on Bain

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Kirkby on Bain St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Kirkby on Bain

Listing Text

TF 26 SW KIRKBY ON BAIN CHURCH LANE
2/15 (east side)

14.9.66 Church of St.Mary

G.V. II


Parish church. 1802, restored, chancel rebuilt, porch added,
windows filled with mullions and tracery 1879. Squared
greenstone rubble, yellow and red brick. Slate roofs. West
porch and bellcote, nave, chancel and vestry. Gabled west porch
with pointed outer doorway and inner planked double doors in
pointed arch. In the gable over a blank ashlar plaque. Gabled
bellcote, with single bell opening with moulded hood and floriate
stops. Side walls of nave have 2 three light intersecting
traceried windows with plain ashlar imposts on north and 3
similar windows on the south. Facetted yellow brick chancel has
2 blank pointed arches, 2 single pointed cusped lights and in the
east wall a 3 light window with panel tracery. On the south side
a pent roofed vestry with trefoil headed lights. Interior. Wide
semi-circular arch incorporating re-used slightly hollow
chamfered voussoirs. C19 rounded responds. Fittings. Royal
Arms at west end dated 1712. Font probably 1802, a small bowl on
bulbous baluster on square base. Stained glass. 3 windows in
the east end, 1926, by William Morris & Co. Fine Jacobean altar
table with turned cup and cover balusters, carved friezes and at
the centre a cupboard with panelled and facetted sides.


Listing NGR: TF2437162444

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.