This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0481 / 54°2'53"N
Longitude: -2.7971 / 2°47'49"W
OS Eastings: 347905
OS Northings: 461645
OS Grid: SD479616
Mapcode National: GBR 8PXM.7M
Mapcode Global: WH847.0H9Z
Entry Name: 3, Dalton Square
Listing Date: 22 December 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1290475
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383130
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Lancaster
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Mary with St John and St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD4761NE DALTON SQUARE
1685-1/7/99 (East side)
House, now club premises. 1824, altered late C19. Sandstone
ashlar with ashlar dressings. Slate roof with a coped gable to
the left and chimney stacks on both sides, that to the right
shared. Double-depth plan with central doorway, with the
original rear extension to the right and a later rear
extension along Sulyard Street.
3 storeys above a cellar, and 3 bays with an eaves cornice.
The doorway has late C19 panelled double doors under an
overlight containing the words 'BOROUGH CLUB' in leaded glass;
it is protected by an open porch caried on Tuscan columns with
engaged column responds, which is surmounted by a wrought-iron
balustrade. Contemporary early C19 porch is flanked by late
C19 canted bay windows with contemporary sashes. The upper
floors have windows with plain reveals; they are sashed
without glazing bars on the first floor and have 9-pane sashes
on the second.
Listing NGR: SD4790561645
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings