This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.9425 / 50°56'33"N
Longitude: -2.6314 / 2°37'52"W
OS Eastings: 355738
OS Northings: 116090
OS Grid: ST557160
Mapcode National: GBR MP.NTC5
Mapcode Global: FRA 56CM.BNZ
Entry Name: Pall Tavern with Stables to Rear
Listing Date: 12 October 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1296085
English Heritage Legacy ID: 261447
Location: Yeovil, South Somerset, Somerset, BA20
Civil Parish: Yeovil
Built-Up Area: Yeovil
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST5516SE YEOVIL CP SILVER STREET (East side)
5/109 No 15
(Pall Tavern) with stables to rear
Inn, rebuilt in 1856, possibly using some earlier material. Brick, colourwashed,
with double Roman clay tile roof 3-storeys in a plain Georgian style of 3-wide
bays. Central 6-Panel entrance door with simple stone surround and flat hood,
16-pane sash windows on either side in plain openings with flat gauged brick
arches over: three 16-pane windows to first floor, three 12 pane-windows to
second floor: all windows fitted with modern false shutters. Plain verges to
gables, brick stacks each end. To north (Market Street) side a modern 3-storey
extension of middle C20. Interior much altered at ground floor level, remainder
not inspected. Inn sign on North West corner wrought iron bracket of interest.
Attached to rear the stables, probably also an 1856 rebuild. Large 2-storey
brick building, colourwashed on front with double Roman clay tiles, the North
gable having a coping, there being a brick stack at the opposite end. Originally
6-bays (only 4 now visible). 16-pane sash windows to both floors, except bay 2
ground floor which has large chamfered brick arch with modern infill: above is a
15-pane glazed door. The sundry links and extensions of little interest.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: ST5574416086
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings