This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7516 / 52°45'5"N
Longitude: 0.3946 / 0°23'40"E
OS Eastings: 561710
OS Northings: 319795
OS Grid: TF617197
Mapcode National: GBR N3Q.JL2
Mapcode Global: WHJP7.135D
Entry Name: St Margaret's Vicarage
Listing Date: 1 December 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1298152
English Heritage Legacy ID: 384297
Location: King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE30
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Town: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Electoral Ward/Division: St Margarets with St Nicholas
Built-Up Area: King's Lynn
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
TF6119NE ST MARGARET'S PLACE
610-1/9/245 (West side)
01/12/51 St Margaret's Vicarage
House. Said to be 1830, but looks c1810, became vicarage 1912.
Brown brick with slate roof.
3 storeys. Street front in 3 bays, no doorway. Centre bays
blind to each floor. Sashes with glazing bars and gauged
skewback arches. Wide 3-bay entrance front to south entered
through a central panelled door set within a simple timber
case with deep panelled reveals with reeding. To left of door
is a mid C19 single-storey bay. Fenestration of sashes with
glazing bars and gauged skewback arches, that over the door
taller to light staircase hall within.
At west end of this front is a full-height screen wall with a
swept top and a blocked window at the first floor level. This
was part of a demolished 2-storey structure attached to the
west wall of the house (still shown on 1965 ed. O.S. map).
Hipped roof to main block above timber eaves cornice and two
brick stacks. Running west from centre of house is an early
C16 brick wall with a 4-centred arch towards the west end,
through which is a rectangular compound formerly part of the
ground floor of a brick C16 building.
INTERIOR. Staircase with 2 stick balusters to each tread and a
wreathed handrail. Open string. Panelled internal doors remain
and sections of unremarkable plaster cornices. The house was
built on the site of a C17 house where the Burney family
lived, from 1753-1760.
Listing NGR: TF6171019794
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings