This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1912 / 52°11'28"N
Longitude: -1.7278 / 1°43'40"W
OS Eastings: 418703
OS Northings: 254812
OS Grid: SP187548
Mapcode National: GBR 4LS.N01
Mapcode Global: VHBY0.06F1
Entry Name: The Thatched House
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1298507
English Heritage Legacy ID: 366420
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Civil Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon
Built-Up Area: Stratford-upon-Avon
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Shottery St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SP1854 TAVERN LANE, Shottery
604-1/5/319 (South East side)
The Thatched House
Three cottages, now one house. c1600 with later alterations.
Timber-frame with plaster and brick infill on rubble plinth;
thatched roof with brick stacks. Gable facing, front to left.
Single storey and attics; catslide outshut with storey-height
posts and middle rail; entrance with C20 door to right of
large windows with leaded glazing; 2 small windows. 5-window
range to rear, originally the front. 2 entrances, one to left
end with half-glazed door, one to right end with pentice and
plank door. Ground floor has windows with leaded casements;
3-light casement with adjoining segmental-headed window with
'fanlight' over 2-light casement, 2-light and 3-light and end
2-light casements; 3 gabled dormers with glazing over 2-light
casements, and 2 raking dormers. Stack to front of ridge and
end stack. Square framing. INTERIOR noted as having chamfered
beams and some timber-framed cross-walls.
Listing NGR: SP1870354812
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings