This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6949 / 51°41'41"N
Longitude: -2.2179 / 2°13'4"W
OS Eastings: 385038
OS Northings: 199589
OS Grid: ST850995
Mapcode National: GBR 1N4.Q2T
Mapcode Global: VH954.HNWL
Plus Code: 9C3VMQVJ+WV
Entry Name: Church of St George
Listing Date: 17 July 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1299076
English Heritage Legacy ID: 354654
Location: Nailsworth, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Nailsworth
Built-Up Area: Nailsworth
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Nailsworth St George
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
Church of St George
ST 8599 6/86
1898-1900, replacing N Dyers chapel of 1794. Designed by M H Medland
in a Gothic style. Aisled nave, north porch and base of south tower
(never completed and became a porch) chancel and vestries added 1938,
also Gothic style. Rough-faced rubble. Cotswold stone roof.
Octagonal buttresses to 4 corners of nave, with spirelets at west end.
Clerestory with paired cusped lights, aisles with triplets of cusped
lights. Tall 5 light lancet window to west. The Perpendicular style
east window incorporates a cross in its tracery. Corner buttresses
and hipped roof to porch. Pointed entrance of 3 orders.
Interior: 5 bay pointed arcade, principal rafters of roof on stone corbels.
A prominent feature on the main road.
Listing NGR: ST8503099586
Other nearby listed buildings