This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5801 / 51°34'48"N
Longitude: -1.7225 / 1°43'20"W
OS Eastings: 419327
OS Northings: 186836
OS Grid: SU193868
Mapcode National: GBR 4V4.WWQ
Mapcode Global: VHC0X.3K82
Entry Name: Marston Farmhouse
Listing Date: 20 September 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1299721
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318517
Location: South Marston, Swindon, SN3
Civil Parish: South Marston
Built-Up Area: Swindon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Stratton St Margaret with South Marston
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
5410 SOUTH MARSTON A.420
SU 18 NE 8/416
Obscured datestone on south-west chimney dated 1755 (probably reset).
C18 farmstead altered. Two storeys and attic (concealed). Rubble with slate roof.
'U'-plan, north wing C19 with lean-to open passage. East front has brick
repairs. Four windows, irregular, on first floor, 3 on ground floor. Two
doors, to through-passage.
Main entrance at rear.
North wing formerly a cheeseroom and still a tack room.
Listing NGR: SU1932786836
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings