This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.9627 / 53°57'45"N
Longitude: -2.0166 / 2°0'59"W
OS Eastings: 399004
OS Northings: 451843
OS Grid: SD990518
Mapcode National: GBR GQCM.67
Mapcode Global: WHB77.ZNVH
Entry Name: The Black Horse Public House
Listing Date: 2 March 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1301619
English Heritage Legacy ID: 323459
Location: Skipton, Craven, North Yorkshire, BD23
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Skipton
Built-Up Area: Skipton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
5336 HIGH STREET
The Black Horse
SD 9851/9951 1/64
Traditionally this was a royal mews of Richard III when he was lord of the Castle
of Skipton in 1483-5. Present front has 2 canted bay windows and centre doorway,
and 3 sash windows on each of 2 upper storeys. Stuccoed over stone. Segmental
arch on left leads to yard, with an older arch and mounting block beside it.
A re-used datestone of 1676, and 2 windows of that date over the rear of the arch
(2 and 3 lights with chamfered stone mullions).
Listing NGR: SD9897651839
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings