This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.4123 / 55°24'44"N
Longitude: -1.7083 / 1°42'29"W
OS Eastings: 418565
OS Northings: 613187
OS Grid: NU185131
Mapcode National: GBR J5HV.YN
Mapcode Global: WHC1K.Q7Q7
Entry Name: Methodist Church
Listing Date: 25 August 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1302938
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235670
Location: Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Alnwick
Built-Up Area: Alnwick
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Alnwick
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 1813 SE 1/204
Erected 1786, restored 1886. Now a 2 storey meeting house. Four windows to south.
Ashlar with moulded eaves cornice. Slate roof with coped verges and apex stones.
Small central gable with cross above and foiled tablet with above dates. First
floor windows have depressed arch heads with 2 and 3 pointed lights. Five windows
on ground floor 4 with 3 lights and one single light, pointed with shouldered heads
and cutting through a string course. North elevation has 2 windows on 1st floor
and tablet inscribed "Wesleyan Chapel 1786" Projecting extension at west end
of 2 storeys with gabled half dormer. The north front has two 1886 porches with
fretted bargeboards flanking a 4-light bay; cusped arches to doorways. Interior
contains panelled pulpit from which Wesley preached. Dentil cornice to upper floor.
Listing NGR: NU1856513187
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings