This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1212 / 52°7'16"N
Longitude: -1.8837 / 1°53'1"W
OS Eastings: 408057
OS Northings: 246990
OS Grid: SP080469
Mapcode National: GBR 3L0.YB6
Mapcode Global: VHB0N.9YH9
Plus Code: 9C4W44C8+FG
Entry Name: Church of St Nicholas
Listing Date: 30 July 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303224
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147613
Location: North and Middle Littleton, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: North and Middle Littleton
Built-Up Area: South Littleton
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: North and Middle Littleton
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SP 04 NE NORTH & MIDDLE LITTLETON MIDDLE LITTLETON
30.7.59 Church of St Nicholas
Parish Church medieval, heavily restored by F Preedy 1871. Blue lias stone with plain
tile roofs. West tower, Nave with South porch and South East chantry chapel, North
transept and chancel with vestry. Tower 3 stage, C13 below with diagonal buttresses,
C15 above with paired finials and large central gargoyles. Nave C13 originally, North
wall rebuilt 1871, roof 1871, South wall one C15 3-light and one C13 lancet, gabled
South porch C14 originally 2-storey but opened up in C19 and South East chantry chapel
c.1530 built by T Smith of North Littleton: embattled with 3-light flat-head windows,
one to East, 2 to South side. Tower arch C15 doorway, reset, with crudely modelled
leaf spandrels and crenellated head. North transept C14 with 2-light North window
with quatrefoil head and small cusped East lancet. Circa 1871 roof and arch to nave.
Small pisoina. Chancel and vestry entirely rebuilt 1871, 2 lancets and 3-light window
to South, 3-light EE window to East.
Norman round font, pulpit of C15 to C16 wooden panels, C16 bench ends. Gothic reredos
with 3 panels painted on metal, 1876. Some medieval floor tiles in North transept and
chancel wall niche.
Listing NGR: SP0805746990
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings