This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.8787 / 52°52'43"N
Longitude: 0.5033 / 0°30'12"E
OS Eastings: 568557
OS Northings: 334182
OS Grid: TF685341
Mapcode National: GBR P3N.G2Y
Mapcode Global: WHKPM.PXW0
Entry Name: 1 and 2, School Road
Listing Date: 8 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304400
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221438
Location: Snettisham, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE31
Civil Parish: Snettisham
Built-Up Area: Snettisham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Snettisham St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 6834 SNETTISHAM SCHOOL ROAD (north)
10/52 No. 1, 2.
2 houses with range of workshops attached at south. Houses c.1700, and early
C18, workshops 1793. No. 1 at north c.1700, coursed, squared and dressed
carstone ashlar, brick dressings, pantiled roof. 2 storeys. Ground floor
has inserted mid C20 shop front, first floor 3 2-light casements with lead
glazing bars under fine rubbed brick flat arches. Brick quoins. No. 2 to
south, early C18, squared, coursed carstone ashlar with galletting, brick
dressings. Red pantiled roof. 2 storeys with attics, 4 bays. Ground floor
to north has 2 inserted c.1900 plate glass sashes with c.1900 brick dressings,
at south 2 early C19 sashes with glazing bars under early C18 flat, rubbed
brick arches. Central C18 6 panel raised and fielded door, simple 2-light
rectangular fanlight, flat rubbed brick arch. First floor 4 wooden framed
C18 casement cross-windows, plate glass, set in original rusticated brick
frames with moulded aprons. Moulded brick plat-band to first floor. Brick
quoins. Dogtooth dentil eaves cornice, brick tumbling to south gable. 3
cut down ridge stacks. Range of workshops attached at south of 3 builds:
range to north squared coursed carstone, centre and south ranges carstone
rubble, brick dressings, red pantiled roofs. Range at south has on north
side 5 datestone plaques,"T. Page 1793" "Built by Ja. Law 1793," "17 JF 93"
"17 SE 93" "17 SB 93". Workshops included primarily for group value.
Listing NGR: TF6855734182
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings