This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.8073 / 52°48'26"N
Longitude: 0.9095 / 0°54'34"E
OS Eastings: 596206
OS Northings: 327269
OS Grid: TF962272
Mapcode National: GBR S8Y.W7P
Mapcode Global: WHLRB.YP8R
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 6 March 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305377
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223842
Location: Ryburgh, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR21
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Ryburgh
Built-Up Area: Great Ryburgh
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Great Ryburgh St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 92 NE GREAT RYBURGH MILL ROAD
8/10 Church of St. Andrew.
Parish Church. Norman round-tower and west end, Perpendicular nave and
chancel details, Decorated north and south transepts. Late C19 south porch.
Flint with stone dressings, slated roof; carstone base of tower and quoins
to north-west corner of nave. Tower with Perpendicular west door, round
headed lancets, octagonal belfry stage c.1300 with switch tracery belfry
windows and 2-light Decorated windows; internally Norman tower arch. 3 bay
nave with 2 north and 2 south 3-light windows. Blocked and part cut down
2-light Perpendicular windows to east nave bay and east nave gable suggest
removed clerestorey storey. South transept with 2 straight-headed east and
west windows, south 3-light reticulated Decorated window. North transept
with 2 2-light Decorated east window, 3-light Decorated north window with
quatrefoils. Chancel with 2 north and south Decorated 3-light windows, and
recut Perpendicular east window. Filled in Perpendicular north window.
Perpendicular south priest's door. Interior with Perpendicular north and
south transept and chancel arches. South transept with 2 arched recesses
in south wall and piscina in east wall. 1914-1918 memorial screen in arch.
Chancel with south window sedilia, piscina and north aumbry recess. Roof
mixed Renaissance and late Gothic details worked in plaster by Comper 1912.
Comper alabaster and gilt reredos. Chancel north 2 superimposed sections
of a C16 Renaissance wall tomb, upper part coloured. Glass throughout
1868-1875 in archaic 1840s style.
Listing NGR: TF9620627269
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings