This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.6775 / 52°40'38"N
Longitude: 1.224 / 1°13'26"E
OS Eastings: 618044
OS Northings: 313741
OS Grid: TG180137
Mapcode National: GBR VFR.48D
Mapcode Global: WHLS2.SY1R
Plus Code: 9F43M6GF+XH
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Margaret
Listing Date: 19 January 1952
Last Amended: 12 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306000
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228402
Location: Drayton, Broadland, Norfolk, NR8
Civil Parish: Drayton
Built-Up Area: Taverham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Drayton St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 11 SE DRAYTON SCHOOL ROAD (west side)
7/11 Parish Church of St.
19.1.52. Margaret. (Formerly
listed as Church of
Parish Church, with medieval fabric, though mainly rebuilt in C19. Tower
c.1852, nave and aisles 1860, chancel 1866. Built of flint with stone
dressings. Nave roof thatch, aisle roofs lead, chancel roof tile. West
tower, north aisle, north vestry, south porch, nave, north chancel chapel
land chancel. Square tower, with 2 light west window, lancet sound holes
and single light bell openings. Battlemented parapet. 4 bay north aisle
with paired lancets between buttresses. Central lancets could be C13.
Door and 2 light window at east end. C20 brick and flint vestry. Apsidal
projection in angle of north aisle and north chancel chapel. C15 south
porch with doorway with attached octagonal shafts. 2 light windows to
east and west. 3 lancet windows in nave and one C19 2 light window.
One bay north chancel chapel with 1 light east window and 2 light north
window. 2 bay chancel, with priest's door and 2, 2 light south windows,
re-set lancet to north and C19, 3 light Curvilinear style east window.
Parapet verges. Interior mainly C19. 3 bay arcade. Fragment of C15
Rood Screen stair remains adjacent to east respond of north arcade. C19
arch braced roofs. Plain octagonal font bowl on two halved Norman colonnettes
and centre support. 2 panels of C17. Glass in south east nave window.
Listing NGR: TG1804413741
Other nearby listed buildings