This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.8624 / 52°51'44"N
Longitude: 1.4035 / 1°24'12"E
OS Eastings: 629205
OS Northings: 334859
OS Grid: TG292348
Mapcode National: GBR WF0.FPP
Mapcode Global: WHMSJ.J9KZ
Entry Name: Hall Farmhouse
Listing Date: 16 April 1955
Last Amended: 11 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306152
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224318
Location: Trunch, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR28
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Trunch
Built-Up Area: Trunch
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Trunch with Swafiels and Bradfield
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TRUNCH MUNDESLEY ROAD
TG 23 SE
3/104 Hall Farmhouse (formerly listed
16.4.55 as Manor House and 2 barns)
Farmhouse. Late C16. Whole and cut flint with brick dressings. Thatched
roofs. T plan. West facade of 2 storeys. Central 2 storey gabled porch
entered through semi-circular arch. Above is datestone 1652. Tumbling in
gable head. Inner door with quadrant moulded jambs terminating in bar stops.
This porch cuts into blocked horizontal window. To left 6-light ovolo moulded
cross casement. To right quoins remain as evidence of similar window
(timberwork of this survives in interior). First floor with one 6-light
mullioned casement to left and 3-light C18 casement to right in reduced
opening. Gabled roof with northern internal stack : rectangular plinth and
base carries 3 bell-based diamond flues with star tops. Identical ridge stack
right of centre, both C16. Gable heads on kneelers. Later 2 storey extension
obscures north gable wall. South gable has blocked ground floor mullioned
window still in situ behind later brickwork. First floor mullioned casement
blocked with 2 C17 2-light cross casements, themselves now blocked behind
mullions. 2 storey cross wing to east side, flush with north gable wall.
To east in main range are 3 C16 mullioned casements unevenly distributed
: 2 of 2 ovolo moulded lights and one of 5 ovolo moulded lights. Cross wing
gabled and lit through later casements. Interior. Ground floor south room
with bridging beams of quadrant mouldings and barred tongue stops. Close
studded timber partition walls. C16 half-imperial staircase of turned
balusters, moulded handrail and newels. First floor door jambs chamfered
and tongue stopped. Numerous tongue stopped bridging beams. Roof of tie
beams, principals, 2 tiers butt purlins, collars and curved windbracing.
Secondary rafters pegged into both tiers of purlins. Cross wing roof similar
but with straight windbracing. 2 4-centred fireplaces survive with expanding
pilasters supporting stud and dentil freize.
Listing NGR: TG2920534859
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings