This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6927 / 51°41'33"N
Longitude: 0.045 / 0°2'41"E
OS Eastings: 541440
OS Northings: 201303
OS Grid: TL414013
Mapcode National: GBR LFD.S6R
Mapcode Global: VHHMK.QQM8
Entry Name: Warlies Park House
Listing Date: 22 March 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306282
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117706
Location: Waltham Abbey, Epping Forest, Essex, EN9
Civil Parish: Waltham Abbey
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Upshire St Thomas
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
Warlies Park House
TL 40 SW 7/194
Late C18 and early C19 stucco house of 2 storeys with sash windows in reveals, cornice
and low parapet, Welsh slated hipped roof. Entrance front, remodelled 1879 by
S S Teulon, of grey brick with sasy windows under red and black brick segmental arches.
2 storey stucco bay with porch. Heavy brackets to cornice. Long north wing added
by Teulon 1879, similar to entrance front but with casement windows, central steeple,
gable on left oversailing ground floor on 4 large black painted brackets. Roundel
in gable carries date. VCH, v, pp.154, 155. The original C18 staircase was
removed in the 1920's to Woodredon House.
Warlies Park House, temple and obelisk form a group.
Listing NGR: TL4144001303
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings