This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2315 / 53°13'53"N
Longitude: 0.1296 / 0°7'46"E
OS Eastings: 542243
OS Northings: 372614
OS Grid: TF422726
Mapcode National: GBR KTX.HKP
Mapcode Global: WHJLR.Y1WG
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306852
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196106
Location: Ulceby with Fordington, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13
Civil Parish: Ulceby with Fordington
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Ulceby All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 47 SW
ULCEBY WITH FORDINGTON
CHURCH ROAD (east side)
Church of All Saints
Parish church.1826.West porch added 1893.Red brick in Flemish bond,ashlar dressings,slate and plain tiled roofs.Nave with western bellcote and porch,chancel.The west porch,with plain tiled roof,has central planked double doors,under pointed and moulded brick arch,beneath a dentillated gable.To either side,under the pent roof are single lights with trilobe heads.The side walls of the porch have single lancets.The west end of the nave has end buttresses with ashlar gables and bargeboarded verge.At the apex a brick bellcote with pilasters,stone band and moulded cornice.In the gable a circular light with trilobe,and above a pointed louvred belfry light.The side walls of the nave have deeply overhanging eaves,plinth and two full height pointed recesses.In each recess is set a two light window with Y tracery and cill supported on square ashlar brackets.In the east gable a circular window with quatrefoil.The lower chancel is of matching design with single pointed light in recess to the sides and a taller similar east window.To either side of the west door are sections of C13 clustered column shafts.Interior:Pointed inner doorway.Triplet of chancel arches consisting of taller chamfered arches flanked by single lancets.Marble altar,turned legs,resting on incised medieval slab.C15 elaborate octagonal font with perpendicular traceried stem,angel supporters to the bowl,the sides of which have quatrefoils and shields with Sacred Monogram.
Listing NGR: TF4224372614
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.