History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Martin

A Grade II Listed Building in Withcall, Lincolnshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 53.3379 / 53°20'16"N

Longitude: -0.073 / 0°4'22"W

OS Eastings: 528405

OS Northings: 384068

OS Grid: TF284840

Mapcode National: GBR WYYV.04

Mapcode Global: WHHJY.VCFD

Plus Code: 9C5X8WQG+5R

Entry Name: Church of St Martin

Listing Date: 9 March 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1307095

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195302

Location: Withcall, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11

County: Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Withcall

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Raithby St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in


TF 28 SE
10/50 Church of
St. Martin

Parish church. 1882 by Sir Arthur Blomfield in Early English
style. Square ironstone rubble with limestone ashlar dressings,
plain tiled roofs. Nave with eastern bellcote, chancel, south
porch, vestry. At the west end is a pair of lancets with sexfoil
over, united under a pointed arch. The north wall of the nave
has 5 lancets and over the east gable is a single gabled bellcote
decorated with gablettes and cusped headed arches. In the
chancel north wall are a single and pair of lancets with trefoil
over. The east wall has stepped triple lancets with common
moulded hood. Below is a foundation stone laid by Nathaniel
Clayton in 1882. In the chancel south wall a pair of lancets
matching those to the north and another pair in the south wall of
the vestry. The south nave wall has 4 lancets and a gabled south
porch with moulded outer doorway and a niche over containing a
statue of St. Martin. The inner doorway has convex chamfered
surround and moulded over arch dying into the reveals. Interior.
Double chamfered chancel arch, dying to the reveals. On the
south side of the chancel, a double chamfered arch opens into the
vestry. Also on the south side is a sedilia and in the east wall
is a moulded and shafted rear arch to the window. All fittings
are C19 apart from the C14 octagonal font bowl, decorated with
quatrefoils and shields. The east and west windows have stained
glass c.1915.

Listing NGR: TF2840584068

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.