This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.0381 / 53°2'17"N
Longitude: -0.0392 / 0°2'20"W
OS Eastings: 531570
OS Northings: 350781
OS Grid: TF315507
Mapcode National: GBR JVP.GY9
Mapcode Global: WHHLB.CWLS
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 17 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1307173
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196232
Location: Frithville and Westville, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE22
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Frithville and Westville
Built-Up Area: Frithville
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Sibsey and Carrington group St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 35 SW FRITHVILLE CARRINGTON ROAD
7/19 Church of
Parish church. 1821. Probably by Jeptha Pacey. Red and yellow
brick, painted ashlar dressings. Slate roof with wide eaves
overhang. Moulded cornice forming open pediments in the gables.
Clasping pilaster strips, further pilaster strips defining the
bays of the north and south sides. Shallow plinth. Nave and
chancel under the same roof. West end with hexagonal wooden
cupola, each side with single pointed arched opening. Cornice
decorated with orbs, domed lead roof topped with single cross.
West wall with painted first floor band. Pointed arched doorway
with plank double door. Over the band is a painted plaque
inscribed '1821', small circular opening above. The north wall
of 3 bays each bay with single pointed arched tripartite lead
glazing bar casement. Continuous impost band broken by the
pilasters. Under each window is a single flush panel of narrow
brick strips. The east wall has a single similar casement with
continuous impost band. In the gable apex is a single small
circular opening. The south wall corresponds to the north,
however on the far left is a single small lead glazing bar
casement. Interior. Inner porch formed by west gallery,
doorway with panelled double doors through to the nave. Panelled
gallery with moulded pilasters. Under, to the south, is a
doorway with panelled door and to the north a glazing bar fixed
light. C19 and C20 furnishings, hatchment. Porch with 2
doorways with panelled doors, one leading to the gallery stairs.
This church was one of many built in this area after the Fen
Churches Act of 1816.
Listing NGR: TF3157050781
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.