This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7181 / 52°43'5"N
Longitude: -0.8486 / 0°50'54"W
OS Eastings: 477871
OS Northings: 314000
OS Grid: SK778140
Mapcode National: GBR BPJ.N8S
Mapcode Global: WHFK6.YY24
Entry Name: East Lodge to Little Dalby Hall
Listing Date: 7 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1307757
English Heritage Legacy ID: 189796
Location: Burton and Dalby, Melton, Leicestershire, LE14
Civil Parish: Burton and Dalby
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Little Dalby (Burrough Hill Parishes)
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 71 SE BURTON AND DALBY PICKWELL ROAD
10/24 East Lodge to
Little Dalby Hall
Lodge, now a house. c.1837, probably designed by T. L.
Donaldson for E. B. Hartopp, with mid C20 additions. Ironstone
with limestone ashlar dressings and thatched roofs. Chamfered
plinth, bargeboards with drops and finials. Paired ridge stack
with coped patterned round stalks, and square corner stack with
octagonal coped stalk. Single storey plus garrets, 2 bays. L
plan. Front has to left a gabled wing with a thatched gabled
porch on wooden posts and chamfered doorway with studded door. To
left, a single casement. To right, a larger mullioned casement.
Both casements have iron framed leaded glazing. East end has to
right, a thatched canted bay window with 4 leaded casements.
Beyond, to left, a single storey wash-house. Rear elevation has
a mid C20 lean-to addition in the return angle, and above, a
mullioned casement to right. West gable has a panel containing
a monogram. This building was erected as a lodge to Little
Listing NGR: SK7787114000
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings