This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8832 / 52°52'59"N
Longitude: -0.7142 / 0°42'51"W
OS Eastings: 486622
OS Northings: 332520
OS Grid: SK866325
Mapcode National: GBR CP3.67X
Mapcode Global: WHGKN.0S6K
Entry Name: Leys House
Listing Date: 19 February 1952
Last Amended: 9 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1308560
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193283
Location: Denton, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Denton
Built-Up Area: Denton
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Denton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
DENTON CHURCH STREET
10/42 Leys House (formerly liste
19.2.52 as The Leys)
Former school, how house. 1720, restored 1855, with minor C20
alterations. Coursed ironstone rubble with limestone ashlar
quoins and dressings. Steeply hipped Collyweston slate roof with
lead dressings and central ashlar stack having cornice. L-plan.
2 storey with attics, 5 bay front with plinth, and first floor
band. Central 6 panelled door in moulded ashlar surround has
broken pediment containing plaque inscribed "Learn to know God
and thyself, 1720", flanked by pairs of cross mullioned
casements. To first floor an ashlar scrolled coat of arms in a
moulded stone surround, flanked by pairs of 2 light casements.
All windows have C20 leaded lights with flat splayed lintels and
keystones. In the roof are 2 hipped 2 light dormers.
Listing NGR: SK8662232520
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings