This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3832 / 51°22'59"N
Longitude: -2.5711 / 2°34'15"W
OS Eastings: 360351
OS Northings: 165057
OS Grid: ST603650
Mapcode National: GBR JR.S3Z6
Mapcode Global: VH891.DH3J
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 21 September 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1312818
English Heritage Legacy ID: 32596
Location: Norton Malreward, Bath and North East Somerset, BS39
County: Bath and North East Somerset
Civil Parish: Norton Malreward
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST 66 NW NORTON MALREWARD CHURCH ROAD
2/172 Church of Holy Trinity
Parish church. Late C12, altered (tower) C15 and rebuilt 1860-61 by James
Wilson of Bath. Consists of west tower, nave, south aisle, chancel and north
vestry. Coursed squared rubble with freestone dressings, slate roof. West
tower of 2 stages with diagonal buttresses to the lower stage, embattled ashlar
parapet and pinnacles; single Perpendicular style bell chamber window with
quatrefoil pierced vent; 3-light Perpendicular style west window. Nave and
south aisle have three 2-light plain Perpendicular style windows with buttresses
between (1860s); enriched corbels with arms and symbols. 3-light east window.
Interior. 3 bay arcade to south aisle with squat granite columns and elaborate
foliate capitals. Restored late C12 chancel arch of 2 orders, the outer one
with twisted colonettes enriched with beading, scalloped capitals, nailhead
zig-zag moulding; outer moulding of large beads. Font: C12, cylindrical
stem and recut top. Monuments: Tower: man and wife, c.1325 with heads in
relief on a lid. C15 slab with a pair of foliated crosses. Chancel: Robert
Paine, died 1720, inscribed oval tablet. Nave: Adams family, 1766, inscribed
marble plaque under broken pediment with arms.
Listing NGR: ST6035165057
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings