This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8549 / 53°51'17"N
Longitude: -1.7676 / 1°46'3"W
OS Eastings: 415384
OS Northings: 439876
OS Grid: SE153398
Mapcode National: GBR JR3V.3W
Mapcode Global: WHC92.TCGM
Entry Name: 16, Low Fold
Listing Date: 18 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314286
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337870
Location: Baildon, Bradford, BD17
Civil Parish: Baildon
Built-Up Area: Baildon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Baildon St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE1539NW BAILDON LOW FOLD
10/18 No 16
Includes No Ib Providence Row. Pair of back-to-back houses.
Late C18. Thin coursed hammer-dressed stone, dressed quoins, stone
slate roof. 2 storeys and attic. 2-cell, central lobby-entry plan,
double-depth with No 16 occupying the rear range of rooms. 3-bay
facade with central doorway with tie-stone jambs. To either side
3-light stepped flat-faced mullioned windows with taller central
light with 2-paned sashes. Coped gables with kneelers and stacks.
Rear has C20, single-storey addition but retains 2 windows with plain
stone surrounds to 1st floor. Right return wall has doorway (No 16)
with tie-stone jambs to left of 4-light flat-faced mullioned window
with recessed mullions. 3-light window above and blocked window to
Interior: stop-chamfered spine beams. One room has semicircular-
arched cupboard with impost block and keystone. 2 queen-post trusses
of heavy scantling. A deed of 1815 states that wool stapling, spinning
and stuff manufacturing took place here.
Listing NGR: SE1538439876
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings