History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

North Lodge to Milner Field and Attached Gatepiers

A Grade II Listed Building in Bingley, Bradford

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8464 / 53°50'46"N

Longitude: -1.8168 / 1°49'0"W

OS Eastings: 412150

OS Northings: 438920

OS Grid: SE121389

Mapcode National: GBR HRRY.GX

Mapcode Global: WHC92.2L44

Plus Code: 9C5WR5WM+H7

Entry Name: North Lodge to Milner Field and Attached Gatepiers

Listing Date: 18 October 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1314295

English Heritage Legacy ID: 338022

Location: Bingley, Bradford, BD16

County: Bradford

Civil Parish: Bingley

Built-Up Area: Bingley

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Bingley Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Bingley

Listing Text

SE13NW BINGLEY PRIMROSE LANE
SE121389 (east side)
Gilstead

6/162 North Lodge to
Milnerfield and
attached gate-piers

II

Lodge and attached gate piers and flanking walls to Milner Field
(demolished). 1871-3 by T. Harris for Titus Salt Junior.
Hammer-dressed stone, ashlar dressings, Welsh blue-slate roofs.
Lodge : 2 storeys and attics. Asymetrical with gabled wing to
left, and slightly set back at right-angles hall range surmounted
by broached turret with conical roof coupled to pitched gable of
hall range with prominent stack with offsets. All windows have
square heads with lintels and sills and composite jambs. Flat-
roofed single-storey bay projects to front, 2-light window to 1st
floor with corbel table over supporting attic gable which slightly
projects. Chamfered window in gable which is coped with kneelers.
Hall range has doorway to right of window with arrow slits to lst-
floor turret. Corbel table to jettied gable of right-hand return
wall.

Ashlar gate-piers have offsets to front and sides terminating in
gabled capstones with band with Gothic trefoil-headed insets.

The Builder,15 March 1873. D. Linstrum, West Yorkshire Architects
and Architecture, (1978), p87.


Listing NGR: SE1215038920

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.