This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.806 / 53°48'21"N
Longitude: -1.7712 / 1°46'16"W
OS Eastings: 415164
OS Northings: 434433
OS Grid: SE151344
Mapcode National: GBR JFF.77
Mapcode Global: WHC98.RLRM
Entry Name: Premises Occupied by Sharp and Law
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314328
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336213
Location: Bradford, BD8
Electoral Ward/Division: Manningham
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Manningham St Paul and St Jude
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 CARLISLE ROAD BD8
Premises occupied by Sharp and Law
SE 1534 SW 31/333
Circa 1905 Baroque offices. Large 2-storey symmetrical elevation of 9 bays with
flanking shallow one bay wings. Sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings. Massive
rustication to basement/plinth. Long and short quoins. Bold, bracketed cornice and
ashlar parapet raised up over wings. Welsh slate roof with central cupola - clock
turret, its entablature breaking forward at corners over supporting Doric columns.
Large windows in architrave surrounds. Ground floor windows of wings have open
pediments, large keystones breaking up into them. Central portal with rusticated
Ionic pilasters and open segmental pediment. Built as a works, the front elevation
is the principal feature of interest.
Listing NGR: SE1516434433
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings