This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8057 / 53°48'20"N
Longitude: -1.7632 / 1°45'47"W
OS Eastings: 415691
OS Northings: 434408
OS Grid: SE156344
Mapcode National: GBR JGF.Y9
Mapcode Global: WHC98.WLKT
Entry Name: Clifton House
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314345
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336308
Location: Bradford, BD8
Electoral Ward/Division: Manningham
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Manningham St Paul and St Jude
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 CLIFTON VILLAS BD8
SE 1534 SE 32/402
A more substantial villa than the others, circa 1855-60. Two-storeys, ashlar sand-
stone with chamfered quoins to breaks in elevation flanking centre. Plinth, sill
band, modillion brackets on bed mould to moulded eaves cornice; hipped slate roof;
tall corniced chimneys. Three windows on first floor in architrave surrounds
containing plain narrow aprons. Pilastered canted bay window on ground floor.
The centre has porch screen of 2 pairs of Doric columns, entablature with consoles,
above each column, rising to cornice; above is a linked circle pattern balustrade
with anthemion capped dies. Five window east return front has later link to
detached billiard room with tripartite window, the divides capped by consoles to
cornice - grooved quoin pilasters rising to bracketed eaves cornice. The west
front is also of 5 windows with bracketed ashlar balconette bases to first floor
and on ground floor the architrave surrounds carried down to include riser panels.
Part of a cul-de-sac of villas in well wooded gardens.
Listing NGR: SE1569134408
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings