This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7846 / 53°47'4"N
Longitude: -1.0669 / 1°4'1"W
OS Eastings: 461574
OS Northings: 432436
OS Grid: SE615324
Mapcode National: GBR NSZP.T1
Mapcode Global: WHFD2.L44G
Entry Name: Abbey House
Listing Date: 14 November 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1316646
English Heritage Legacy ID: 325716
Location: Selby, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Selby
Built-Up Area: Selby
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Selby St Mary and St Germain
Church of England Diocese: York
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 16/01/2018
SE 6132 SE
(Formerly listed as Abbey House, CHURCH LANE)
Probably circa 1800, with porch and ground floor bay windows added in mid C19. Grey brick. Slate roof. Three storeys.
Dentilled eaves cornice. Three bays: sashes, nearly flushed-framed. Door with six fielded panels, oblong fanlight and wooden frame with dentilled cornice. Extensions to north and east.
Interior: Doors with six fielded panels. Stairs with turned balusters, moulded swept rails and shaped brackets on cut string.
Formerly the Abbey organist's house, now (at time of survey) the offices of the North Yorkshire County Registrar, the Department of Health and Social Security and the Women's Royal Voluntary Service.
Listing NGR: SE6157432436
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings