This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.304 / 53°18'14"N
Longitude: -2.5259 / 2°31'33"W
OS Eastings: 365050
OS Northings: 378685
OS Grid: SJ650786
Mapcode National: GBR BZS7.YB
Mapcode Global: WH995.56GY
Entry Name: The Pole
Listing Date: 27 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1320302
English Heritage Legacy ID: 57484
Location: Antrobus, Cheshire West and Chester, CW9
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Antrobus
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Antrobus St Mark
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 67 NE ANTROBUS C.P. POLE LANE
6/20 The Pole
House, circa 1840, stucco with grey slate roof. 2 storeys plus attic.
3 bays; symmetrical. Plain plinth; rusticated quoins; eaves cornice
and parapet. Canted 1-storey porch - with pair of 6-panel doors
surmounted by looped radial-bar fanlight in rusticated round archway,
8-pane sash in each oblique face and panelled parapet - projects
beyond 2-storey blank-sided square bay window to each side with paired
12-pane sashes to each main storey. 12-pane sash with moulded cornice
above porch. Window openings have painted architraves. 3
symmetrically-placed chimneys. 1-storey wing left has square bay
window and 1 outer window, detailed as main block. Pedimented left
gable-end to main block contains Diocletian window to attic.
Interior not inspected, but inner glazed door, sidelights with
glazing-bars forming patterns of intersecting arcs, ornate radial-bar
fanlight, panelled round archway and dogleg stair with winders, stick
balusters, mahogany rail and curtail are visible.
Listing NGR: SJ6505078685
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings