This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9795 / 51°58'46"N
Longitude: -0.5346 / 0°32'4"W
OS Eastings: 500745
OS Northings: 232235
OS Grid: TL007322
Mapcode National: GBR G3T.X87
Mapcode Global: VHFQZ.PH8X
Entry Name: Tanqueray House
Listing Date: 22 October 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1321711
English Heritage Legacy ID: 38098
Location: Tingrith, Central Bedfordshire, MK17
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Tingrith
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Tingrith
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 0032 HIGH STREET
20/116 No. 19 (Tanqueray House)
House. Later C18. Possibly built by the Rev Edward Tanqueray, rector of
Tingrith 1788-1846. Red brick with ashlar dressings. Hipped clay tile roof.
Double-pile plan building of 2 storeys. 4-window range, all sashes with
glazing bars, ground floor ones with gauged brick flat heads. Doorway in
second bay has 6-panel door in moulded surround with moulded pediment on
consoles. Brick band at first floor level. Wood modillion eaves cornice.
Red brick external stack to RH side elevation. Interior: rather plain, but
retains open well staircase with paired turned balusters. Extensive mid C19
additions to NE and SE.
Listing NGR: TL0074532235
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings