This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1465 / 52°8'47"N
Longitude: -0.3174 / 0°19'2"W
OS Eastings: 515230
OS Northings: 251133
OS Grid: TL152511
Mapcode National: GBR H3H.JKL
Mapcode Global: VHGMS.G92V
Entry Name: The Old Manor House
Listing Date: 6 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1321758
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37940
Location: Blunham, Central Bedfordshire, MK44
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Blunham
Built-Up Area: Blunham
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Blunham
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 1551 BLUNHAM PARK LANE
7/14 No. 54 (The Old Manor
House, known as the Manor house due to Manorial courts held there in C16, but
formerly a Brotherhood house. C16 and C17, possibly incorporating remains of
Medieval structure. (Bedfordshire Record Office : CRT 130 Blunham 16, deeds
from 1467 to C17). Timber framed structure with brick infill, mostly with
colourwashed roughcast render to exterior. N wall of S block rebuilt in
stone. Clay tile roof. Truncated remains of earlier building to S, 2
storeyed and of one room plan, with later one storey and attics block to N, of
3-room plan. Ground floor has 5 windows. LH first floor has one window, RH
attic has one gabled dormer, all casements of varying sizes with glazing bars.
Internal framing of LH block retains evidence of blocked Tudor arched doorway.
RH block has doorway with flat hood on cut brackets. Interior : ground floor
room of S part retains some c.1600 wall painting showing geometrical
patterning and fragment of an inscription.
Listing NGR: TL1523051133
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings