This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.191 / 52°11'27"N
Longitude: 0.119 / 0°7'8"E
OS Eastings: 544940
OS Northings: 256872
OS Grid: TL449568
Mapcode National: GBR L7H.LWK
Mapcode Global: VHHK9.06R5
Entry Name: Number 10 and Attached Garage/Studio
Listing Date: 21 September 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1322141
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477452
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2
Electoral Ward/Division: Trumpington
Built-Up Area: Cambridge
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Trumpington St Mary and St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL45NW CAMBRIDGE LATHAM ROAD
667/20/10112 No.10 and attached garage\studio
House, now flats with attached garage/studio wing. 1904. Built for Alexander Macintosh, a local speculative builder. Red brick with plain tile roof and tall brick stacks. Two storey plus attic. All windows have flush ashlar window surrounds and leaded casements.
South-east entrance front has off-centre round headed archway and recessed door, to left a canted 2 storey bay window with 3-light cross casement on ground floor and 3-light mullion window above topped with a parapet. Above door very plain S-light Venetian window. Two 3-light flat headed dormer windows above. Projecting gabled wing to right has cross casement and above 2-light mullion window to either side. Gable front has 4-light mullion window, 4-light cross casement above and small single light window in apex of gable. Set back range to right has similar fenestration.
South-west garden front has single storey projecting bay to left and columned loggia to right with hipped roof. Bay has 4-light mullion window and similar 2-light window to left side. Loggia has 4 Doric stone columns, beneath a large round arched doorway with to right another 4-light mullion window. Above central rectangular ashlar sundial inscribed "AM, 1904, FORGOTTEN BE HOURS NOT CHRONICLED BY ME". Either side single cross casement windows and above 4-light mullion window. North-west front has projecting square bay window with S-light cross casements below a catslide roof with 6-light flat headed casement window at first floor and similar 2-light window above. INTERIOR: has many good quality original interior features including good staircase with turned balusters. Wreathed plaster ceilings, original fireplaces with beaten copper hoods. Most windows retain fine Art Nouveau style stained glass.
This fine quality Edwardian house was influenced in its design by the
Listing NGR: TL4494056872
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings