This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.7023 / 50°42'8"N
Longitude: -2.2827 / 2°16'57"W
OS Eastings: 380131
OS Northings: 89218
OS Grid: SY801892
Mapcode National: GBR 0ZQ.ZMZ
Mapcode Global: FRA 6737.2HR
Plus Code: 9C2VPP28+WW
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 20 November 1959
Last Amended: 2 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1323356
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108669
Location: Moreton, Dorset, DT2
Civil Parish: Moreton
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Moreton St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
4/209 MORETON STATION ROAD
20.11.59 (South Side)
(Formerly listed as
"The Manor House",
outbuildings at rear)
Farmhouse. Formerly known as Moreton Farm House - the home farm of Moreton House.
Built 1772 by James Frampton, possibly incorporating an earlier cottage at the
rear. Enlarged 1862.
Front and side walls of Portland Stone. Rear wall of brick. Brick dentil cornice
at eaves. Tiled roof with stone eaves courses. Separate pitched roof to (possibly)
earlier section at rear. Stone stacks, some rendered. C19 wing on west has brick
walls, tiled roof, brick stack. Two storeys and attic.
Main south elevation has central part-glazed door in later timber glazed porch with
gabled tiled roof. Ground floor has two double-hung sash windows with glazing
bars. First floor as three similar windows. Attic has one dormer with gabled roof
and casement. Later section has two double-hung sash windows with glazing bars on
ground and first floors. Plat band at first floor level. Brick dentil cornice at
eaves matching that on original section.
At the rear of the house, a range of single-storey outbuildings - game larder etc of
brick with tiled roof - the space between them and the house now roofed in.
Interior altered in mid C19, but retains a late C18 cut string staircase with
wreathed mahogany handrail, simple square balusters, and spandril brackets.
RCHM Monument 14.
Listing NGR: SY8013189218
Other nearby listed buildings