History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Saint Mary the Virgin

A Grade II Listed Building in Newton Regis, Warwickshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6772 / 52°40'37"N

Longitude: -1.5723 / 1°34'20"W

OS Eastings: 429016

OS Northings: 308918

OS Grid: SK290089

Mapcode National: GBR 5GH.59L

Mapcode Global: WHCGS.TYHZ

Entry Name: Saint Mary the Virgin

Listing Date: 17 March 1998

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1323721

English Heritage Legacy ID: 469153

Location: Newton Regis, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, B79

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire

Civil Parish: Newton Regis

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Clifton Campville St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Newton Regis

Listing Text


NEWTON REGIS
SK 20 NE
NO-MAN'S HEATH
1729/2/10005
Saint Mary the Virgin

II

Anglican church. 1863; vestry added in 1900. English bond red brick with stone dressings. Gable-ended Welsh slate roofs with bands of lighter slates and crested ridge'tiles. PLAN: Nave with bellcote over west end, chancel and south porch; vestry on north side of nave added in 1900. High Victorian Gothic style. EXTERIOR: Nave has 3-light stone Perpendicular windows in chamfered brick 2-centred arch openings with continuous cill course; buttresses with weathered set-offs; two cusp-head lancets in west gable with circular window above with stone quatrefoil, and -over the gable a gabled bellcote with weathered set-offs. The chancel has circular east window with sexfoil stone tracery , and lancets on north and south sides; the stringcourse is raised at east and west ends of church; small cast-iron lona cross over east gable of chancel. Gabled south porch with buttresses and chamfered stone doorway with plank door with wrought-iron hinges; panelled double inner doors. INTERIOR: Brick walls, chancel painted; moulded stone chancel arch with polychrome extrados, Arch-braced nave roof and braced common-rafter chancel roof. Choir stalls with pierced tracery fronts and benches in nave. Traceried panelled altar and reredos with canopy; polygonal panelled pulpit; carved lectern; font with shields; stained glass.


Listing NGR: SK2901608918

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.