This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.9474 / 50°56'50"N
Longitude: -2.5158 / 2°30'56"W
OS Eastings: 363862
OS Northings: 116571
OS Grid: ST638165
Mapcode National: GBR MV.NLFB
Mapcode Global: FRA 56ML.V09
Plus Code: 9C2VWFWM+XM
Entry Name: The Parade
Listing Date: 30 November 1971
Last Amended: 4 October 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1324331
English Heritage Legacy ID: 103922
Location: Sherborne, Dorset, DT9
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Built-Up Area: Sherborne
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Sherborne with Castleton Abbey Church of St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(South West Side)
Nos 74 and 76 (The Parade)
(Formerly listed as
Premises occupied by
and E C Burdon)
ST 6516 1/213 30.ll.71.
1840s; divided into 2 parts by 1852. 3 storey 3 window ashlar front.
Quoin pilasters with incised line ornament. Moulded string returned round
pilasters at 2nd floor level. Entablature and cornice at eaves. Sash
windows with glazing bars intact. Central 1st floor Venetian window.
This is set in sunk recess with fluting in spandrels (of Map No 116).
Large modern plate glass shop fronts. Formerly an iron balcony across
Nos 54 and 56, Gate, lamp and overthrow between Nos 54 and 56, The Methodist
Church and Nos 58 to 82 (even) form a group.
Listing NGR: ST6385816574
Other nearby listed buildings