This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.1117 / 51°6'42"N
Longitude: -4.1671 / 4°10'1"W
OS Eastings: 248397
OS Northings: 136944
OS Grid: SS483369
Mapcode National: GBR KL.B84N
Mapcode Global: VH3Q7.QBC3
Plus Code: 9C3Q4R6M+M4
Entry Name: Cobble Stones
Listing Date: 14 November 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1325589
English Heritage Legacy ID: 98364
Location: Braunton, North Devon, Devon, EX33
District: North Devon
Civil Parish: Braunton
Built-Up Area: Braunton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Braunton St Brannock
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SS 4836-4936 BRAUNTON WILLOWAYS LANE, Braunton
12/110 Cobble Stones
House, 1905 by Francis Troup. Stone rubble with gable ended slate roofs. South
side has gable end stack and off-set rubble stack. Arts and Crafts style main range
to front with gable ends and 2 adjoining right-angled projections to rear with gable
ends forming rough square plan overall. 2 storeys and attic storey. South front
has 3-window range of 2-light and 4-light casements to left of 2-storey canted bay
window with 3-light casement and single sidelight casements above similar but taller
window below. The canted bay window is parapeted above, pronounced eaves, the
parapet carried round to east gable end. Ground floor to left has 4-light and 3-
light casement, the latter transomed with 4 panes over 6 panes, all other casements
have 6 panes per light unless otherwise stated.
Right gable-end has 2-light attic window over two 2-light windows with small 4-paned
casement and 3-light window to right in rear extension. Ground floor has tall 2-
light casement to right of single 8-paned lights flanking round arched doorway with
hammer dressed voussoirs and splayed reveal to inner doorway with small 4-paned
sidelights to each side of door sheathed in copper dated 1905 in central phoenix
motif. Single-storey slated extension at right angles to east side with gabled
central doorway with round arch of hammer-dressed voussoirs and ½ glazed door with 9
panes and 3-paned sidelights forming lunette. Small 4-paned casement immediately to
right and 3-light casements to each side. 3 doveholes in central gable above door.
North side has 3-light attic windows in each gable end over central 4-light window
above door, 2-light and 3-light window to left and canted bay window to right.
Large decorated rainwater head has architects initials and 1905 date. West gable
end has 3-light attic window over two 5-light and 4-light casement with large 6-
light transomed window and integral door to left of large single-storey bay window
of 6 lights, 4 panes and 6 panes with 2-light sidelights and slated gable. Buttress
at left end of south front has projecting rubble wall with slate capping and square
lintel to archway with four doveholes over. Contemporary interior and landscape
garden features appear wholly intact.
Listing NGR: SS4839736944
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings