This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.7382 / 50°44'17"N
Longitude: -4.0112 / 4°0'40"W
OS Eastings: 258178
OS Northings: 95103
OS Grid: SX581951
Mapcode National: GBR Q2.GTQ9
Mapcode Global: FRA 27H4.73M
Plus Code: 9C2QPXQQ+7G
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 5 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1326192
English Heritage Legacy ID: 93378
Location: Okehampton, West Devon, Devon, EX20
Civil Parish: Okehampton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Okehampton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
Fine C15 west tower, remainder rebuilt in 1842-4 in Perpendicular style by J Hayward
Tall west tower of granite ashlar in 3 stages with thin set back buttresses, and
moulded base, embattled parapet and pinnacles with crockets. Three-light Perpendicular
bell-openings and Perpendicular west window with reticulated and intersecting tracery
and with foiled frieze below. West doorway has massive square dripmould and carved
Remainder of church of 1842-4 in Perpendicular style, built of coursed Delabole slate
with granite dressings. Nave and chancel in one, 5-light Perpendicular east window,
north and south aisles with embattled parapets and 5-light windows. The north aisle
has polygonal stair turret.
North porch and small north vestry in angle of aisle and chancel. South porch with
another polygonal stair turret in the angle with south aisle.
Interior: granite arcades of 5 bays. Remains of old stone reredos against west wall
of south aisle.
Stained glass south window by Morris and Co of 1897 and one by Kempe of 1900. Inscribed
stone in south porch. Two tomb chests in churchyard east of church with inscribed
stone tops dated 1648 and 1676. Path from lychgate to south porch made up with small
C17 gravestones inscribed with dates and initials.
Listing NGR: SX5817895103
Other nearby listed buildings