History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ruins of Former Church of St John

A Grade II Listed Building in Blawith and Subberthwaite, Cumbria

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.2847 / 54°17'4"N

Longitude: -3.0949 / 3°5'41"W

OS Eastings: 328816

OS Northings: 488227

OS Grid: SD288882

Mapcode National: GBR 6LTW.RT

Mapcode Global: WH71S.FKGM

Entry Name: Ruins of Former Church of St John

Listing Date: 25 March 1970

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1326663

English Heritage Legacy ID: 76712

Location: Blawith and Subberthwaite, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA12

County: Cumbria

District: South Lakeland

Civil Parish: Blawith and Subberthwaite

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria

Church of England Parish: Lowick St Luke

Church of England Diocese: Carlisle

Find accommodation in
High Nibthwaite

Listing Text

BLAWITH A5084
SD 28 NE
(West side)
10/6 Ruins of former
25.3.70 Church of St John

II

Remains of church. C16, rebuilt 1749. Stone rubble. Walls remain to height of
3 to 6m. Rectangular plan with small structure to west end. Lower part of
window openings, one to east end, 4 to north side, entrance to south side. West
end has blocked opening, short projecting wall with return with jamb stones;
footings of building to north of this.


Listing NGR: SD2881688227

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.