This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.404 / 50°24'14"N
Longitude: -4.7708 / 4°46'14"W
OS Eastings: 203201
OS Northings: 59688
OS Grid: SX032596
Mapcode National: GBR N0.RY3D
Mapcode Global: FRA 07WZ.K5Y
Entry Name: Higher Menadew Farmhouse
Listing Date: 28 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1327347
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70900
Location: Luxulyan, Cornwall, PL26
Civil Parish: Luxulyan
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Luxulyan
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 05 NW
6/148 Higher Menadew Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Circa 1840, with addition of mid-late C19 to right; incorporating earlier
materials from a former farmhouse on or near the site, with later alterations and
additions. Granite rubble, painted and partly rendered. Slate roof with ridge
tiles and gable ends. Gable end brick stacks.
Plan : Original house of double depth plan, with central entrance, larger room to
front left, probably a parlour, and smaller room to front right; kitchen to rear
left, stair boxed in to rear of entrance passage with unheated dairy and scullery to
rear right. The front rooms and the kitchen heated by gable end stacks. Addition to
right of one room plan and 2 storeys, heated by gable end stack to right.
2 storeys symmetrical 3-window front, first floor has three 12-pane sashes with
external shutters, ground floor has central 4-panelled and glazed door with porch
with 2 granite piers to front and hipped roof, 16-pane sash to left and right, all
windows of C19 except, sash to ground floor left, a replacement of C20. Set back to
right, at lower roof level and rendered, the addition of 2 storeys and 2 windows,
first floor has two 12-pane sashes, ground floor has two 2-light casements. The left
side has 4-pane light at first floor left; right gable end rendered, with 2-light
casement at ground floor, partly for ventilation to scullery. Rear of addition has 2
doors and 12-pane sash at first floor left. The rear of the main house has three 12-
pane sashes at first floor; 20-pane sash at ground floor right. Attached to rear of
scullery, a single storey lean-to, probably of circa 1850, with slate roof and C20
window to rear; door at left side has re-used jamb from a C17 doorway, in wood, with
heart and roundel stop and mouldings, set upside down. Inside the lean-to, 2-light
casement to scullery and rear door to kitchen.
Interior Front rooms have panelled shutters to window, C20 fireplaces, straight stair
of mid C19 boxed in to rear of entrance passage.
Listing NGR: SX0320159688
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings