This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.0732 / 50°4'23"N
Longitude: -5.5812 / 5°34'52"W
OS Eastings: 143851
OS Northings: 25379
OS Grid: SW438253
Mapcode National: GBR DXLH.B95
Mapcode Global: VH05P.6FS6
Entry Name: Large Barn at Approximately 90 Metres West-South-West of Trewoofe Farmhouse
Listing Date: 9 June 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1327514
English Heritage Legacy ID: 69723
Location: St. Buryan, Cornwall, TR19
Civil Parish: St. Buryan
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Buryan
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST BURYAN TREWOOFE
SW 42 NW
5/173 Large barn at approximately 90
9.6.77 metres west-south-west of Trewoofe
Bank barn, now converted to living accommodation. Circa early C19, remodelled from
or on site of an older barn. Granite rubble with granite dressings. Scantle slate
Plan: Overall U-shaped plan. Large rectangular bank barn (built into bank at rear)
has single-storey wings projecting in front at either side. The left-hand wing
adjoins the left-hand end of the barn; the other wing is built in front of the right
hand side of the barn and projects farther. central C20 porch is a rebuilt replica of
the porch from St Buryan Methodist Chapel reusing the original materials.
Exterior: 2 storey 4-window east barn front flanked by front end of single-storey
wings. Central C20 porch (see plan). Original openings except for some inserted C20
openings. Barn has doorway within porch; doorway (now window) at far left; doorway
(now window) left of porch; windows right of the porch and former loading doorway
(now window) over porch. Front ends of wings are blind.
Rear of barn has 2 original doorways which originally were approached by short
flights of granite steps (now reused as copings to C20 wall in front of barn).
Interior not inspected.
A barn at Trewoofe is mentioned in documents of 1760. This barn stylistically
appears to be early C19 and together with all the other buildings at Trewoofe in
this list was marked on the 1884 tithe map.
Sources: Information researched by Margaret Powell.
Listing NGR: SW4385125379
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings